If you currently make your payments by standing order from your bank, we recommend you consider switching to Direct Debit. We are seeing more and more of our customers choose Direct Debit as their preferred method of payment.
The benefits of paying by Direct Debit
- You can be sure that the correct amount of money is being collected
- If an error should occur you are guaranteed a refund from your bank
- It’s easier for you than Standing Order as you won’t need to amend payments through your bank should your payments change
We will write to you 10 days before any changes in the amount of money we are to collect and then adjust your payment accordingly.
It’s easy to change to Direct Debit
Please find below the forms you need to complete and return to us:
1) A Standing Order Cancellation form (if you already have a Standing Order set up with us)
2) A new Direct Debit Mandate form
When completing the new Direct Debit mandate form please complete the following details of your Bank/Building Society:
- name of account holder(s)
- account number
- sort code
- name of Bank/Building Society and postal address. Please ensure all named parties on the bank account sign the form.
Then send your completed and signed forms to Finance Department, Lake View, Lakeside, Cheadle, SK8 3GW.
If you have any queries please contact our Customer Services Team on 0161 333 7415. Our lines are open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We may monitor or record phone calls with you to help improve our quality of service.
The Direct Debit Scheme is managed by the Banks Automated Clearing System run by the major UK banks.